Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Our Year in Review: 2013



January

We started the year with a bang - flew across the United States to our new home in Seattle.  




February

We watched as Nolin learned how to be a big sister & take care of her new baby brother.  I struggled learning how to be a stay-at-home-mom to two babies.  I also learned a few good lessons about being a toddler.  Speaking of a toddler, this is the month Nolin Leigh was potty trained.



This is also the month when we had our one &, so far, only visitor - my mom.  :)  We all took a trip to Pike Place Market & to the Seattle Aquarium.

March

We joined the world outdoors when I discovered my key to survival & we started to leave the house in order to make friends!  This is the month where I met my first friend in Seattle.  :)  


Paul & I also began taking the kids out on weekend adventures so we could explore our new home.





On March 31st we celebrated Harris' 1st Easter.


April

I learned just how "attached" Harris William would be to me as a SAHM nursing mother.  ;)




We took our first road trip to Portland, Oregon &  while were were there, on April 26th, Nolin Leigh turned two years old!  



We celebrated Nolin's 2nd Birthday with a special trip to the zoo!  



May

Nolin continued to keep us on our toes & make us laugh with one of the funniest things, I think, she has done.  You can read about it here.




I took Nolin to her first live theatre experience - Sesame Street Live - Can't Stop Singing.  

 

June

We took a family trip to Denver, Colorado for a conference with Daddy.  We got to catch up with some friends from Kentucky on this trip!




We celebrated Paul's first Father's Day as a father of two.



Nolin, Harris, & I enjoyed our first time strawberry picking!


July

We celebrated our first Independence Day in Seattle at a fun parade in Bothell.  





We enjoyed raspberry picking & blueberry picking this month!





We also took our first trip back to Kentucky to visit family!


August

I struggled this month with being a mother & having no time for myself.  


We took a fun trip to Vancouver, British Columbia with some friends.  This was my first time in Canada!





We also celebrated mine & Paul's birthdays this month.  Paul is getting old... ;)

September

Paul & I celebrated 8 years of marriage on September 11th!  We also went out on our first date in years! Hopefully there will be more to come in the near future!




October

We enjoyed some fall fun at a local pumpkin farm.  The kids & I actually enjoyed a few.  :)






Harris enjoyed his first Halloween & Nolin had a blast Trick-or-Treating with her little buddies.  






November
We spent Thanksgiving at home as a family of four, but I couldn't have been more thankful for my blessings.



We were also lucky enough to have a "Friendsgiving" dinner with good friends.  :)





December 

We enjoyed a little snow in Seattle.  Nolin was super excited & it was Harris' first snow.





We enjoyed Harris' first Christmas (despite his double ear infection)!  Nolin was more excited than she has been in the past, since she is older.  :)






Harris William turned one year old!  We celebrated his 1st birthday with friends on December 29th!



Looking forward to what 2014 has in store for the Markham family!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment