Monday, April 15, 2013

Momma's Boy


When I first found out that my second child was a boy, I wondered if he would be a Momma's Boy. Nolin loves her Momma, but she's definitely a Daddy's Girl. So, it was only fair that I got my boy, right?!

Well, I got more than I bargained for! Haha! Harris is definitely a Momma's Boy already!

I've always known that with nursing comes attachment - literally. If you're nursing a baby, then the baby must be with you quite a bit. However, with Nolin, I had to return to work, so she spent days away from me taking bottles. I had an attachment to the pump four times a day. :(

Now that I'm a stay-at-home-mom, Harris hasn't needed to take a bottle. Harris also hasn't been too into a pacifier (although he is taking interest in his thumb!). So, needless to say, he is super attached! I'm certain that he would nurse 24/7 if I would allow it!


Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the cuddling, but it is taking a little getting used to. With Nolin, I used to put her to bed at 7 pm & then she would join me in bed when she woke to nurse hours later. Harris, on the other hand, isn't too fond of me putting him to bed alone. I'm lucky if he will sleep for an hour or so when I put him down at night. So most nights I find myself in bed with him far earlier than I had planned. I'm actually lying next to my little man now as I type. :)

Sometimes I find it hard that I don't get much time to myself, but I try to remember that babies don't stay babies forever. It won't be long until Harris is grown up & wants nothing to do with his Momma! When that happens, I'll be sure & remind him how much of a Momma's Boy he once was... ;)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment