Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Showers, Naps, & Sunshine

I have found it - the secret to my happiness in Seattle & raising two children!  Well, that's probably a little dramatic.  ;)

A few weeks ago, I wrote about how I was struggling.  I was struggling to learn how to take care of a toddler & an infant while living in a new place with no friends or family around.  I was struggling with learning to be a stay-at-home-mom.  I was struggling with my self-confidence. I was having some rough days!

Well, as it usually goes, things have turned around.  Time heals everything or at least makes things a little easier...

I had a great day about a week ago.  When Paul came home that afternoon, I laughed & said, "the key to a good day is showers, naps, & sunshine!"  It sounds so simple, but it really is true for me.  I have found that if I take a shower before Paul leaves in the morning, Nolin takes a good nap, & I see even the tiniest bit of sunshine, the day goes so much better & the whole family is happier!

It also helps that I have finally become brave enough to leave the house alone with two children.  Last week we went out to library storytime & even went to a couple of play dates.  I found a great group of Mom's near me that have regular meetups.  So, I'm trying to make some friends for myself & the kids.  It is nice for all of us to get out of the house.  I am planning to attend some meetups at one of the children's museums, library storytimes, play dates at kid-friendly coffee shops (they are everywhere around here), & more.  I'm really excited about the possibilities!

I realize that I will still have rough days - everyone does, but now I feel more capable of handling them with a smile.  :)  After all, I have so much to be thankful for...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment