Tuesday, January 29, 2013

One Month - Harris William

Harris has been a part of this world for a month now. 

January 29, 2013 - One Month Old

Harris is a little bit more laid back than his sister...I remember Nolin was throwing a fit in her one month photo!  :)  I think he & Nolin look alike in their one month photos though.

Harris loves to be held.  In fact, he is not crazy about being laid down at all!  The only way I can get through the day is by wearing him in my pocket sling.  He wasn't fond of the sling at first, but now he loves it!  He sleeps better there than he does anywhere!  I absolutely love wearing him, but I do sometimes feel bad b/c I can't be too active with Nolin while wearing Harris. 

I am breastfeeding Harris.  Things seem to be going well.  I had a much better start at nursing Harris, than I did Nolin - thank goodness!  I have actually had a bit too much milk for Harris, but things seem to be evening out now.  It's amazing how different nursing experiences can be.  Nolin used to nurse for 20 - 40 minutes at a time.  Harris, on the other hand, only nurses for probably 10 minutes at a time.  He does have some trouble with spitting up.  I'm not sure what to do with this, as Nolin was never a spit-up baby.  Poor little guy does not like it!

We have used the cloth diapers with Harris some.  However, Nolin is still wearing diapers also, so I have to size them down for Harris.  I need to get to work on that, so we can save money!  I also like the cloth on their little bums better too.  :)

Nolin is absolutely in love with her "baby brudder", "Harrisy".  :)  I just love hearing how happy her voice is when she sees him.  She always wants to help take care of him.  She will do whatever it takes to get near him when she sees him. 

Kai doesn't pay a whole lot of attention to Harris yet.  Of course, Kai does have a busy toddler chasing him around!  :)  Who has time for an infant?!

We haven't gone out of the house too much during this first month - unless you count a big move across the country!  Harris has already had his first flight!  LOL.  Here in Seattle, we have only gone out to the grocery store a couple of times though & Harris is not a fan of the car seat!  I am looking forward to warm weather, so he can enjoy the outdoors. 

Paul & I are learning to be parents of two under two years!  I am really trying to get this Stay at Home Mom thing down - it's a tough job! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment