Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Puppy Neglect

One of the toughest things to deal with during this pregnancy is not be able to spend as much time with Kai.  I feel like I am neglecting my puppy!  There are several things that keep me from being able to spend the time that I would like with Kai.  One is that I have always been his play buddy.  We would always play rough & wrestle.  Obviously I can't do that now, because I don't want to hurt Nolin.  There are times that I try to play with Kai, but it is pretty difficult since he is so used to the way we used to play.  Another reason that I haven't been able to spend as much time with Kai is that I am so tired when I come home from work!  I want so much to go to the dog park with him or go for a walk, but I just don't seem to have the energy after spending my day with a room full of five-year-olds! 

Luckily Paul takes great care of Kai & is able to do these things with him.  But when Daddy isn't home, this is where I often find Kai - staring out the window, longing to be outside running free!
 
I think Kai deals with it pretty well though.  When he isn't enjoying the view from our bedroom window, I often find him doing this:
This makes me laugh!  I guess it is a soothing technique.  He just lays in the floor & sucks on his blanket.  He actually used to do this with some of his stuffed animals when he was a puppy & we always thought he was choking.  But, I guess it's just a "Kai thing"!  Many times when we catch him doing this, his eyes are shut & he is practically asleep.

I just love my puppy!  :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment