Thursday, October 22, 2015

Mini Halloween Party


I couldn't let Halloween go by without a fun little Halloween party...

Food

I got together some little activities for the kids & my friends made some adorably spooky food!

Frankenstien Grapes
Pumpkin Goldfish

Spider Sandwiches
Witches Broomsticks


Orange Jack-o-Lanterns
Monster Sandwiches
Fizzy Ghosts

The kids explored fizzy ghosts...



They used droppers & vinegar to watch the ghosts dissolve...




The best part was dropping the ghosts straight into the vinegar to see a volcano!
The remnants of a few ghosts...

Loving the volcanic eruptions...

This idea came from Little Bins for Little Hands. It is basically just a little water frozen with baking soda, with googly eyes.  Then a little vinegar for the fun! Next time I would let the ghosts thaw a bit before play.

Puffy Ghosts

The kids made cotton ball ghosts...



Spider Slime

This spider slime was the coolest!
It's stretchy...
You can cut it...

It melts back together...

Enzo wasn't impressed...
Spider!
So expressive!







Nolin & Harris played with it for a good while & then had me pull it back out again that night!
Spider slime was so fun, even the Moms got in on the action!



On a spider hunt...



I used the slime recipe from The TipToe Fairy, but instead of adding confetti, I added plastic spiders. I also used white glue. Next time I will probably use clear glue. This was such fun to play with & we kept in in ziplock bags for more play later. I see lots of slime play in our future!

Such a spooky good time!

Photobucket
  Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment