Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lessons Learned This Week

This week was fall break for me, so I was able to spend the week at home with my baby girl.  Here are some things I learned...

  1. My baby is one stubborn little girl.  She knows what she wants, when she wants it, & she let's you know all about it.  I wonder who she gets that from?
  2. A baby's mood can turn on a dime.  Don't ever get too comfortable.
  3. My daughter is already crazy about the iPhone.  Uh-oh.
  4. Never wake a sleeping baby - it's just not worth it.  Period.
  5. Never move a sleeping baby unless it's absolutely necessary.  (See point 4.)
  6. Don't mess with an angry baby - she'll take your eye out.  I've actually learned this one before.  At least this time it didn't end in a trip to the eye doctor...
  7. Don't bother trying to put a baby to sleep if he/she is not ready.  It just ends with an angry baby (still not taking a nap) & a frustrated mother. 
  8. No matter what it takes, DO NOT SNEEZE when you are putting a baby to sleep.  Just don't.  (Again, see point 4.)
  9. Five-month-olds are extra wiggly.
  10. Paul & I are in trouble when Nolin is really mobile.  She keeps us going already.
  11. Teething rings can disappear into thin air.  Either that or Nolin ate it. 
  12. You can give a baby tons of toys, but they would still rather play with anything & everything else, especially tags.
  13. Whoever invented the taggie blanket is a genius. (See point 12.)
  14. Nolin seems to be a fussy nurser when she is wearing her "I {heart} Booby Juice" onesie.  Maybe it's a good thing that she doesn't have many "I love Mommy" outfits.  :)  Just saying...
  15. I am more tired after a day at home with a 5-month-old than after a day at work with 22 5-year-olds. 
  16. Babies take a lot of time.  Who knew? 
I have enjoyed this week so much.  I wish I were able to stay home with Nolin more often.  I suppose I shouldn't complain, though - teachers do have nice breaks throughout the year.  Looking forward to Thanksgiving Break & especially my two weeks at Christmas!  Is it too early to start counting down the days until summer?  :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment