Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Now That I'm a Mom...

  • I wear my hair in a ponytail most of the time.
  • My clothes are always disheveled.
  • I practically live in a nursing tank top (sometimes a t-shirt), yoga pants, & flip flops.
  • I sing & make up songs about everything I do.
  • I never stand still.  Baby or no baby - I always find myself swaying or rocking.
  • My poor puppy, Kai, can hardly ever bark.
  • I am constantly shhhhing Kai whenever Nolin is sleeping.
  • I get excited over a trip to the gas station - hey, at least it is a trip out of the house!
  • I walk around on pins & needles, afraid I'm going to wake the baby.
  • My house is always a mess.
  • I get to shave my legs once a week, if I'm lucky.
  • I never use the restroom alone.
  • I spend 80% of my time in a rocking chair.
  • Taking a shower is a wonderful treat - especially one that lasts longer than 3 minutes!
  • Three hours of sleep in a row is a good thing.
  • My boobs no longer belong to me.
  • I'm terrified that I'm going to forget that my boob is out in public after feeding Nolin!
  • I never get any alone time with my husband.
  • I will sit for hours with my arm, leg, or both asleep, just so I don't wake the baby.
  • I live with a boppy around my waist.
  • I get excited over a poopy diaper & sometimes even take a picture.  I have to share it with the family!
  • I despise the washer/dryer buzzer.
  • I no longer determine my own bedtime - Nolin does.
  • My phone is always on silent.
  • My nails are hardly ever manicured, & we won't even talk about my toes.
  • I am becoming an expert at Words with Friends & Hanging with Friends - okay, not really.  But they do keep me occupied in the middle of the night.
  • The 4th of July is my least favorite holiday - stupid fireworks!
  • The breast pump gets more action than my husband.
  • I eat to keep myself from passing out, not for pleasure.  
  • I inhale my food, because I rarely have more than 5 minutes to eat.
  • I carry around 12 extra pounds (& growing) the majority of the day.  Luckily Nolin loves a sling/carrier!
  • My back is often aching.
  • I'm lucky to get mascara on.  Who has time for that?!
  • I feel like I am constantly doing laundry.
  • I am super thankful for DVR. 
  • I'm lucky if I can get cleaned up for the day by noon.
  • I'm banned to the house after 6 pm.
  • I never finish a movie without falling asleep.
  • The bed is never made.
  • I have a pacifier in almost every room in the house - just in case.
  • One special little girl's smiles make my day.
  • My phone is full of pictures of a precious little girl.
  • I worry constantly.
  • I'm afraid to start anything, b/c I know I won't get to finish it at the same time.
  • I have to neglect my daughter just to write a blog entry - just kidding!  I would never do that.  She is actually taking a nap in her own crib. :)
  • I appreciate my own mother more than ever.
  • I love a tiny human more than I ever thought possible.
  • I am super thankful for my wonderful husband, who is so involved & such a good daddy.
  • My life is no longer my own...
But I wouldn't change any of it for the world! I love my little Nolin Leigh! (Don't get me wrong though...one day she will be a teenager & I will have some fun!)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment