Thursday, December 26, 2013

One Year Old - Harris William

My baby boy is one year old!  Time really has flown by...

December 29, 2014 - One Year Old
Harris has really been on the move this month.  He is a walking little man!  He took his first steps a few days before turning 11 months, so he had his entire eleventh month to perfect the skill.  ;)

Harris now has a mouth full of 6 teeth - 4 on the top & 2 on the bottom.  I'm hoping we will have a break before more teeth try poking through, b/c these first teeth have been non-stop!

We are still a little iffy in the eating department.  Harris can be a picky little guy.  If he doesn't like the taste or texture, he sticks out his tongue & tries to push the food out.  If that doesn't work, he will gag & throw up his food.  :(  I sure hope he starts eating better soon!  I don't want him to be picky like his Momma!  He has recently started feeding us though & it is super cute.  I love when he & Nolin take turns feeding each other.

Harris has started signing "milk" sometimes & he will also sign "more".  He signs milk when he is eating, so I think he has it a little mixed up.  :)  He also says "more" while signing.  It is super cute!

My little guy still loves to talk.  He will just start babbling out of nowhere.  I'm pretty sure he knows what he is saying too!  He is super cute when Daddy gets home.  He just starts talking away.  He sure loves his Daddy!  His favorite word is still "no"...we need to work on that!  He is saying "Momma" & "Dada" more often.  He is also saying "bye-bye" when he waves.  :)

Last month Harris had pneumonia & this month we found out on Christmas Eve that he has a double ear infection.  :(  Poor guy can't get a break!

Here are some other fun things Harris is doing this month:
  • He likes medicine, so if he sees Nolin getting some when he isn't, he squeals the loudest, funniest squeal.  
  • He loves playing chase, so when he sees you coming after him, he takes off as fast as he can (crawling, of course, b/c he is still a wobbly walker).
  • In regards to walking, he gets really mad when he falls down! ;)
  • His favorite song is "I Will Wait"...he gets really excited when it comes on.
  • He still loves dancing & he is doing it now while standing/walking.  It is one of the cutest things I've seen.
  • He loves taking things out of baskets, drawers, etc.  He is a great help when I want the laundry spread all over the room.  ;)
  • He is also starting to put things back into bowls & containers.
  • He loves to move, so even if he isn't dancing, he is often rocking back & forth.
  • A not so fun thing that he did this month was bite me while nursing...Momma was not happy! :(
I can't believe my baby boy is officially a toddler.  It is so bitter-sweet!  I'm looking forward to watching him grow! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment