Saturday, September 22, 2012

Relish the Charms of the Present


I came across this quote recently & immediately felt so many emotions... 
"You will never have this day with your children again.  Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today.  This day is a gift.  Breathe & notice.  Smell & touch them; study their faces & little feet & pay attention.  RELISH the CHARMS of the PRESENT.
 Enjoy today, Mama.  It will be over before you know it."
~Jen Hatmaker
First, I felt sadness because time seems to pass so quickly.  My little girl is growing up so fast & I have loved every bit of her as an infant & now toddler.  But, I struggle so much with being a working mom.  I feel like I miss so much during the day.  Then I feel the stress of taking care of the house when I get home from work.  I want to remember this quote daily throughout Nolin & Harris' lives.  I want to make sure that I always put my children first.  Life, to me, is about family first.  Everything else can come later!

I also felt such genuine happiness upon reading this beautiful quote.  I am so thankful to have the family that I have.  I feel especially blessed to have such a precious daughter & a son on the way.  I honestly feel there is nothing better than having someone call you, "Momma". 

I could not ask for a better daughter.  Nolin continues to impress me daily.  She is such a good, loving, & smart little girl.  I cannot wait to see the woman she grows into (not too fast though!) & I cannot wait to meet our son!  :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment