Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Three Months

July 26, 2011 - Three Months Old
Nolin is growing like a weed!  She is now three months & I am going to have to go back to work soon.  I am so thankful for being able to stay home with her for so long, but also sad to leave her.  I am afraid I will miss out on so much & it is going to be so hard to not spend my days with her.  :(

Nolin is now growing out of 3 month outfits!  She is such a big girl.  She holds her head up now & is no longer wobbly.  Nolin loves to sit in her Bumbo seat - sitting up is so much fun.  Her legs are getting stronger.  She still stands & holds her weight up when we help her.  The only problem is that Nolin despises tummy time!  She needs that exercise for her arms to get stronger, so she can learn to roll over, & learn to crawl!  I suppose we will have to keep putting her on her tummy & let her tough it out!

Nolin continues to find her voice. She makes the cutest little sounds & coos. I love talking to her. Recently Nolin found her laugh.  It was the most precious thing!


She also has the cutest little facial expressions. One of my favorites is when she wakes up & stretches - she stretches her neck out & puckers her little lips up. I also love when she opens her eyes really wide - Paul calls it the dramatic gopher look.

She is still a very wiggly little girl. She loves lying on her playmat. She likes to kick her legs & wiggle her arms. She is even starting to roll. She has rolled over a couple of times, but not consistently. Nolin is still eating her hands, but now she also looks at them like she is trying to figure them out.  She is also able to hold toys for a short period of time.

We were having a hard time with bath time at first. Nolin just did not like it. But now I get in the bath with her & she loves it! Bath time has become one of my favorite times with her, because she likes it so much. She just talks & laughs. She also kicks her legs like crazy. She loves the water.

Nolin was sleeping well at two months, but around ten weeks she went through a rough sleeping patch. She would wake up after only four hours, so I wasn't getting much sleep! But now she is getting better sleep during the day, so she is sleeping better at night. MOST nights she is getting up for one feeding & going right back to sleep. Let's hope this becomes the regular!

Paul gave Nolin her first bottle recently.  I had a training to attend, so Paul kept Nolin all day.  It was really hard being away from her.  I don't know how I'm going to do it in August!  I was worried that Nolin wouldn't take a bottle, but that was not the case.  She took it with no problem!  She actually seemed to reject me a little bit after having a bottle.  I think she is too impatient to wait for my milk to let down!  The bottle is easy - no work necessary.  However, we have worked through it, so I hope it doesn't become a problem when she takes a bottle every day.  I enjoy our bonding time when she is nursing.  I don't want to have to pump ALL the time!  :)

Kai & Nolin are doing well together. Nolin has started watching Kai. She seems really interested in him.  Kai still loves to check on her.  I can't wait until they can play together!

Paul & I took Nolin our her first vacation.  We went to the beach with my family for a couple of days.  I dipped Noli's feet in the water, but that was the extent of her beach fun.  We will definitely have to take her when she is older. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Aw. Its tough leaving them, but she will start learning things just by seeing other babies do them. Your afternoons will be about talking to her and seeing all that she's learned. You will miss her and you will probably cry, but its not so bad when you see how fast she picks up on things just by being around the other kids.

    For tummy time, you can always do tummy time by having her lay on you. Sometimes its more fun that way =) Gavin always hated it, and we really never did it, but in time your baby's muscles will mature and she WILL learn to roll over and whatnot without having to stress the exercise. She's not doomed just because she hates it! You guys are doing an awesome job with her.

    ReplyDelete